Republic of Moldova
Agricultural Competitiveness Project
Credit No. 5858-MD
Assignment Title: Drawing up subsidy applicant guides for each support measure/sub-measure
Reference No.: MACP/AF-2/CS/IC-2.9
The Objective of the Moldova Agriculture Competitiveness Project is to enhance the competitiveness of the country’s agro-food sector by supporting the modernization of the food safety management system; facilitating market access for farmers; and mainstreaming agro-environmental and sustainable land management practices.
The overall objective of the assignment is to develop the subsidy applicant’s guide for each support measure/sub-measure, aiming at:
- Highlighting the conditions, order and procedure for granting support from the National Fund for Agriculture and Rural Development;
- Ensuring compliance with the regulatory provisions in order to provide an accurate and unitary approach to the issues related to filling in and filing applications, compliance with the obligations and commitments assumed by signing the application and possible sanctions the beneficiaries are subject to in the event of non-compliance.
The Consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
– to guide and manage the process of developing subsidy applicants’ guides for each support measure/sub-measure in cooperation with the Agency of Interventions and Payments for Agriculture (AIPA) and Consolidated Agricultural Projects’ Management Unit (CAPMU);
– to draw up the subsidy applicant’s guides for each support measure/sub-measure and to consult the stakeholders in advance;
– to finalize the guides taking into account the comments and feedback received from stakeholders, staff involved, AIPA and CAPMU;
– to meet the requirements for the technical part of the task referred to in these terms of reference in a timely manner and at the highest standards.
The Consultants will have to meet these minimum requirements:
- University and post-university degree in agriculture, law, finance, or public administration;
- At least 7 years of professional experience, preferably in business consultancy, agriculture, law, rural extension;
- Sound experience in developing methodologies, guides, studies in agriculture, regulatory area, business, rural development;
- Knowledge of the farmers’ subsidization mechanism in the Republic of Moldova and in the region will be an asset;
- Good coordination of activities and flexibility based on the complexity of the tasks proposed in these terms of reference;
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written, information systematization skills, individual and team work;
- Advanced knowledge of the Romanian language;
- Advanced knowledge of MS word.
Activities are expected to begin in April 2018 and will continue until 30 June 2018.
The applications should include letter of Expression of Interest, CV, and related recommendation letters and references, if any. Applications should be submitted in English or Romanian marked “Drawing up subsidy applicant guides for each support measure/sub-measure” by May 2, 2018, cob, to the to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, or in hardcopy to the following address: 9 Constantin Tanase str., of. 512, Chisinau, Consolidated Agricultural Projects’ Management Unit. Tel.: 222-479; Fax: 244-469.