REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRM SELECTION)
November 21, 2018
REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Moldova Agricultural Competitiveness Project (MACP)
Assignment Title: Promotional video materials about bee honey production and beekeepers’ cooperation
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): MACP/AF-2/CS/CQ-2.13
The Government of the Republic of Moldova and namely the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment (MARDE), together with the World Bank started at the end of 2012 the implementation of “Moldova Agriculture Competitiveness Project” (MACP). The MARDE requested financial support from Moldova Agricultural Competitiveness Project (MAC-P) in producing a video material (film) promoting bee honey as one of the most valuable products made in Moldova and beekeepers cooperation.
The assignment has a two folded approach:
- Production of promotional video materials that will be used to increase awareness about bee honey production and about the opportunities provided by business activities in this sector.
- Advocate on changing the approach in beekeeping – from individual production of honey, in most cases as hobby activity, into a real progressive business – through farmer’s associations into producers’ groups. The central prerogative of association is enhancing the quality and quantity of honey production and ensuring access to markets. The promotional materials will highlight the various steps of farmers’ association in producer groups, increasing the quantity of honey and bee products as well as investments that could be made for the processing stage for the final product to reaches local and export markets.
The Consolidated Agricultural Projects’ Management Unit on behalf of Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The minimum required qualifications are:
- Registered company;
- At least five (5) years of experience and competence in designing, developing and executing video production;
- Experience in developing documentary films covering agribusiness sector in the Republic of Moldova and the region;
- Excellent technical capacities (state of art filming equipment High Definition) to ensure smooth and high quality production;
- Outstanding videography skills;
- Excellent photo and video editing skills;
- Proven ability of creative work;
- Availability of key staff including team leader, creative expert, video-production expert, audio-production expert.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on Consultants’ Qualifications (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09-00 to 17-00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by e-mail) by December 14, 2018, cob.
Consolidated Agricultural Projects’ Management Unit (CAPMU)
Attn: Veaceslav Shokin, Senior Procurement Officer,
Cornel Bordeianu, Procurement Officer
- 512, 9 Constantin Tanase str.,
Chisinau, MD-2005, Republic of Moldova
Tel: +373-22-222479 / 22-222465