REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Moldova Agricultural Competitiveness Project (MACP)
Assignment Title: Financial investment analysis of the Grant Scheme Mechanism implemented under Component B of MACP
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): MACP/AF2/CS/IC-2.16
The Project Development Objective is to enhance the competitiveness of the country’s agro-food sector by supporting the modernization of the food safety management system; facilitating market access for farmers; and mainstreaming agro-environmental and sustainable land management practices.
About six months before the closing of the Project (June 30, 2021), both the Government of Moldova and the World Bank will conduct their evaluation of the MAC-P Project and one of the main components is the evaluation of the performance of the investment project in order to compare the costs and benefits involved in the project. In this context, a Consultant will be selected to conduct the ex-post financial analysis of the investments using but not limited to the IRR methodology.
The services to be provided under the assignment by the individual consultant will consist of assistance to project staff to perform an integrated financial analysis of the project (including conducting sensitivity analysis) by (i) developing and building complex financial models for all project components, (ii) determining the appropriate conversion factors for linking the financial cash flows in the models; (iii) determining the nature and magnitude of a project’s financial benefits and impacts for all stakeholders. (iv) Drawing conclusion from the risk and financial analysis. The result of this analysis, which will be integrated into the overall Project evaluation, should also help the authorities understand the appropriateness (or lack thereof) of similar initiatives in the future and highlight some early lessons/recommendations.
Consolidated Agricultural Projects’ Management Unit (CAPMU) on behalf of Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The tasks will be fully undertaken by an Individual with the following qualifications:
- MBA or Masters in Finance. Additional qualifications in financial modelling, econometrics and/or accounting is a plus.
- A proven track record of at least 6 years’ experience in financial modelling and investment analysis of private sector projects. Experience acquired in international projects will be considered a strong advantage.
- Superior client relationship skills;
- Capacity to deliver high quality work within deadlines;
- Previous experience with investment banks, multilateral and bilateral institutions, IPPs, advisory consultants undertaking financial modeling and analysis on projects;
- Working language: Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of the Romanian language is considered as an added advantage;
- Communications, organization, research and report writing skills;
- Autonomy, drive and adaptability.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011, Revised July 2014, (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual consultant’s selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expressions of interest must include updated CV reflecting consultant’s qualification and experience, recommendation letters etc. and have to be delivered by email to the address below by December 20, 2020, cob, with a mark “MACP/AF2/CS/IC-2.16”.
Consolidated Agricultural Projects’ Management Unit
Attn: Cornel Bordeianu, Procurement consultant
50 Capriana str., office 215
Chisinau, MD-2005, Republic of Moldova
Tel. +373 22 22 69 94